- Code Name: SEARCH AND RESCUE MISSION
- Region: University of Uyo (Annex Campus), Ikpa Road, Uyo, Nigeria
- Mission: ONE ON ONE/ CLOSE UP
- Date: Sometime between March and July 2019
- Time of Departure: About 9pm
- Team: Solo mission
- Supervisor: Direct supervision from HQ
- Landing Zones (LZ)
- Indomie joint, Annex Campus
- Enemy Spotted Enroute:
- Ground Activity: Hunger/flesh
- Air Activity: Selfishness, Laziness, Flesh
- Miscellaneous Activity: Ate noodles
- Result of Encounter with Local Populace:
- Hostage Rescue: None
- First-Aid: None
- Enemies Captured: None
- Engagements with the Enemy: Selfishness from my end
- Cadet Recruitment: None
I met a guy sitting at an Indomie Joint on campus where noodles are served. The place is usually populated by female students; males rarely go there to eat. So when I met this guy, I felt an urge in my spirit to talk to him. But then, I had a plate of hot noodles in my hands; I just had to eat it. I did not know I was going to regret my decision later.
I called out to him and to my greatest surprise, he came to meet me. I thought he wouldn’t answer me because of the way I called him. When he came, I didn’t want to leave him hanging [That is, I wanted to talk to him about God, yet I did not want to miss my meal time. So I was just going to say something briefly at the least and send him on his way.] So I prayed briefly concerning what I was to tell him, and I got Psalm 15 for him. I told him to read it when he gets home.
Months later, about three months later, I went back to the same area to eat. I saw someone coming from afar and students were gathered around the person, taking pictures, laughing, doing all sort of things. As the person came close, I was so shocked to find that he was the same guy I had met three months earlier at the Indomie Joint; the guy I was supposed to preach to. He had gone crazy! He was eating grass and acting like a regular mad man. He wore a suit, so I think the insanity started recently.
I felt so bad; I couldn’t even buy the food I went there to buy. I began to remember the day I met him. I regretted that I went back to my room that day without speaking to him as I should have. I wish I had spoken to him and dragged him to Believers Bible School. I was so depressed, and I felt many other things. This had a lasting effect on me for months.
Obedience is the Strategy!
- Time of Return: [Unspecified.]
- Point of Return: [Unspecified.]